BHBCheckTM blood ketone test is an accurate and affordable test that uses one drop of blood to provide
quantitative results in 5 seconds. The test measures β-Hydroxybutyric Acid (BHBA) concentration in blood which is the “gold standard” for sub-clinical ketosis testing in dairy cows.
The test strip contains a reagent with an enzyme that measures the level of D-3-hydroxybutyrate in whole blood. This method is based upon the oxidation of D-3-hydroxybutyrate to acetoacetate by the enzyme D-3-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase. The reaction generates hydrogen ions which are converted to an electrical current and measured by the meter.
- Sample Size 0.7 μL of fresh blood
- Reaction Time 5 seconds
- Measurement Range 0.1 mmol/L – 8 mmol/L (1.0 mg/dL – 83.4 mg/dL)
- Precision ≤ 1mmol/L, SD < 0.075 mmol/L > 1mmol/L, CV < 7.5%
- Accuracy (vs. reference method) Intercept 0.0 ± 0.2, Slope 1.0 ± 0.1, R2 ≥ 0.95
- Memory Capacity 450 records
- Communication USB cable to customized software available online
- Operating Condition 5 ˚C ~ 40 ˚C [41 ˚F ~ 104 ˚F] below 85% R.H.
- Storage Condition -20 ˚C ~ 60 ˚C [-4 ˚F ~ 140 ˚F] (Meter); 2 ˚C ~ 30 ˚C [35.6 ˚F ~ 86 ˚F] (Strip)
- Cow-side blood ketone monitoring
- 0.7 μL blood sample
- 5 second measurement
- Individual code card per test lot
- Ergonomic shape
- Transferable data